Please arrive at the Santa Cruz Harbor at least 45 minutes prior to your departure time (check-in begins 30 minutes prior to departure) to secure parking and make your way to our office to check in. During the summertime and holidays, please give yourself additional time to park, and you may consider dropping off others in your group at our check-in office prior to parking if they have difficulty walking.
There are several parking options:
Southeast Harbor Parking Lot (closest to L Dock and the OYC Check-in Office)
- Hourly ($2.00/hour) metered “Visitor” parking spots are located in the Southeast boat launch ramp lot (near L Dock). Meters accept quarters and there is a change machine located near the fish cleaning area.
- Hourly Parking Permits ($2.00/hour) are available for purchase with a credit card at the pay stations in front of Q Dock (3 docks down from our check-in office) and near Johnny’s Harborside restaurant. Once you purchase the permit, you may park in a “Visitor” space or a long car + trailer space in the Southeast lot and must display the permit visibly on your dashboard.
- All-Day Parking Permits ($20.00/day) are available for purchase with a credit card at the pay stations in front of the OYC office, by the boat launch ramp, and in the Harbormaster office. Once you purchase the permit, you may park in a “Visitor” space or a long car + trailer space in the Southeast lot and must display the permit visibly on your dashboard.
Lake Avenue/5th Avenue Parking
- Street parking along the one-way sections of Lake Avenue and 5th Avenue is free through 2023 and permits are not required. Please be aware that some spaces are available for a limited number of hours.
Northeast Harbor Parking Lot – Accessed via the Brommer St. and 7th Ave. entrance
- There are generally many more available “Visitor” parking spots in the paved Northeast Harbor parking lot depending on the time and day compared to the Southeast Harbor parking lot, which can often be full and congested. Parking here is a great option for those ok with a bit of a walk, but please give yourself extra time to get from the North Harbor parking lot (about 15-20 minutes extra prior to check-in time ) to the OYC Check-In Office in the Southeast Harbor.
- Hourly ($2.00/hour) metered “Visitor” parking spots are located by the Northeast Harbor lot. Meters accept quarters.
- All-Day ($20.00/day) Parking Permits and Hourly ($2.00/hour) Parking Permits may be purchased at the pay station with a credit card. Once you purchase the permit, you may park in a “Visitor” space and must display the permit visibly on your dashboard.
All parking pricing and parking enforcement is handled by the Santa Cruz Port District staff, not O’Neill Yacht Charters. Parking pricing is subject to change without notice. Passengers are responsible for paying for their own parking and O’Neill Yacht Charters is not liable for any parking tickets that may be issued by the Santa Cruz Harbor.